The Generation Next curriculum targets adult children and grandchildren of landowners who want to get involved in the family ranch. It is taught as either a 2-Day Agricultural Business Start-Up School or a monthly Webinar School where participants:
- Gain ideas about operations you can add to an existing ranch
- Learn options for setting up grazing and wildlife leases
- Discuss business types, tax information, and insurance needs
- Get exposure to all the latest land management tools and techniques
New! 2016-2017 Generation Next: Our Turn to Ranch Webinars
Learn how to get started in ranching and make a profit. These online webinars will be offered through 2016-2017. All ages are welcome and can participate using a computer, tablet or smart phone.
- Generation Next Webinars: Information Brochure (pdf)
- Generation Next Webinars: Schedule & Topics Covered (pdf)
- Register Online: https://agriliferegister.tamu.edu/GenNextWebinar
Additional topics covered in the in-person, 2-Day school include:
- How to start an agricultural business.
- Understanding business taxes.
- Marketing your product and yourself.
- Using technology to your benefit.
- How to set up grazing and wildlife management leases.
- Multi-generational ranching.
- Understanding market fluctuations.
- Land management techniques.
- Coping with invasive species.
- Alternative operations to add to the business.
For more information, please contact Dr. Megan Clayton: Megan.Clayton@ag.tamu.edu or Dr. Morgan L. Russell: Morgan.Russell@ag.tamu.edu. You can also visit: GenerationNext.tamu.edu for upcoming class information and flyers.