A discussion of crash outcomes for children under different scenarios of use/misuse. Dr. Mooney will speak about the reasons for restraints, the meaning of physics behind them, and some of the injuries that result when they are misused. Included will be the kinds of serious injuries that result from car seat misuse.
- Explain the physics of trauma and child passenger safety
- Understand the different types of energy, and how child safety seats and devices work to protect kids from excessive energy forces
- Understand how devices are used and misused, as related to the physics of CPS
- Look at case studies as specific examples for applying these principles
More choices in Child Safety
Learning environments and intentional teaching are key aspects to any successful early childhood program. Home-based child care has unique settings and specific requirements to ensure the daily activities are conducive to positive learning outcomes for children in your care.
Starting a new home-based child care business involves making a number of decisions including the type of home-based child care to operate and how to incorporate best practices.
Health and safety of children in care is the #1 priority for all early childhood professionals. Home-based child care has specific requirements that must be addressed to ensure health and safety practices are properly integrated into a home-based child care.
This 2-hour course is for prospective home-based child care business owners and will introduce some of the health and safety standards, best practices, and ways to properly implement these in your home-based child care.
- CourseChild Passenger Safety Tech Update 2022, Part 3 – Honey, Does This Car Seat Make My Rear Seat Look Small?
This session will explore the topic of using car seats in smaller vehicles. Some vehicles just aren’t suited for car seat use, while other times we can make adjustments to the vehicle and/or select certain car seats to improve compatibility. And, naturally, when multiple car seats are used in one vehicle, fit can become a problem, even in vehicles that aren’t considered tiny. Technicians will learn about general tips and explore some specific examples.
- CourseChild Passenger Safety Tech Update 2022, Part 2 – Misuse and Best Practice: What Does the Latest Research Show?
A discussion of the effects of common misuse and combinations of misuse and its effect on pediatric injury. An analysis of the data was done to show which misuse is most dangerous for the different types of restraints including a comparison of injuries to children when using optimal restraints, suboptimal restraints and when unrestrained to see if the data supports current best practice recommendations.