Are you raising chickens or other poultry for 4-H or FFA? Join Texas A&M poultry experts as they walk you through a series of videos related to the rearing of poultry for youth livestock shows in Texas.
Video presentations include:
- Setting up your project before you get your birds
- The importance of housing design and ventilation
- How lighting impacts your birds
- Feeding show poultry throughout the project
- Wing bands and exhibitor validation for livestock shows in Texas
- Raising show turkeys and the differences between broilers and turkeys
- Culling and selection of market poultry
- Biosecurity and bird health
More choices in Animals & Livestock
This book will provide a sound platform for students to master the knowledge and skills needed to become a veterinary assistant and to pursue a rewarding career as part of a professional team dedicated to providing the best animal and public health care available in the United States.
This manual aids in teaching beginners and experienced individuals how to properly evaluate live birds, ready-to-cook poultry, shell eggs, and processed poultry. It also includes information related to poultry production, management, and science and cooperating with others in solving poultry industry problems.
This course provides accreditation for poultry producers in nuisance odor prevention. Topics include methods for reducing odors, tips for land application of litter, and state-mandated odor control plans.