Five books were named winners of 2017 Growing Good Kids Book Awards at the National Children and Youth Gardening Symposium in Vancouver, Washington.
The winning titles and their authors and illustrators are:
- Secrets of The Vegetable Garden, written by Carron Brown, illustrated by Giordano Poloni.
- Because of an Acorn, written by Lola M. Schaefer and Adam Schaefer, illustrated by Fran Preston-Gannon.
- Sleep Tight Farm, written by Eugenie Doyle, illustrated by Becca Stadtlander.
- Good Trick Walking Stick, written by Sheri Mabry, illustrated by Jonny Lambert.
- The Night Gardener, written by Terry Fan and Eric Fan.
For more information on the books, visit http://JMGkids.us/bookawards.
Through the application of science-based knowledge, AgriLife Extension creates high-quality, relevant continuing education that encourages lasting and effective change.
Learn more about Opportunities to Support Extension.