The annual Cattle Trails Cow-Calf Conference – Driving Your Cattle to Profit is set for Dec. 1 in Wichita Falls.
The conference is a joint effort between the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service and the Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service.
Registration is $25 and includes educational materials, a noon meal and refreshments. Make checks payable to Wilbarger Project Fund.
For purposes of meal planning, preregistration is encouraged. To preregister, contact your local Extension county office in Texas or Oklahoma, or Allison Ha at 940-552-9941, ext. 225 or email Allison.email@example.com.
The program will include the following topics and speakers:
- Weed and Brush Control in Range and Pasture, James Jackson, AgriLife Extension program specialist, Stephenville.
- Beef Cattle Market Outlook and Update, Dr. Jason Johnson, AgriLife Extension economist, Stephenville.
- Maximizing Feeding Efficiency, Dr. Dave Lalman, Oklahoma State University Extension beef cattle specialist, Stillwater, Oklahoma.
- Conversion of Cropland into Pasture, Kevin Derzapf, U.S. Department of Agriculture Natural Resources Conservation Service rangeland management specialist, Weatherford.
- How Much Forage Do I Have? Kimura.
Through the application of science-based knowledge, AgriLife Extension creates high-quality, relevant continuing education that encourages lasting and effective change.
Learn more about Opportunities to Support Extension.