The course will begin with registration at 8:30 a.m. and adjourn at 5:30 p.m. Cost is $40 for individuals. The fee covers lunch, refreshments, educational materials and one certificate of completion. Register online at https://agriliferegister.tamu.edu/ProduceSafety or by phone at 979-845-2604.
Dr. Joe Masabni, horticulturist, will be a speaker as will Dr. Matt Taylor, animal science associate professor. Masabni and Taylor will participate in a question and answer session following the course topics.
- Introduction to Produce Safety.
- Worker Health, Hygiene and Training.
- Soil Amendments.
- Wildlife, Domesticated Animals and Land Use.
- Agricultural Water – Part 1: Production Water.
- Agricultural Water – Part 2: Postharvest Water.
- Postharvest Handling and Sanitation.
- How to Develop a Farm Food Safety Plan.
Through the application of science-based knowledge, AgriLife Extension creates high-quality, relevant continuing education that encourages lasting and effective change.
Learn more about Opportunities to Support Extension.