The Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service office in Bexar County, in collaboration with the Bexar County Master Gardener volunteer organization, will present an Earth-Kind-focused Home Gardening Series in San Antonio from February to June.
Earth-Kind is an initiative of AgriLife Extension and Texas A&M AgriLife Research to educate people on the best techniques and practices of conventional and organic gardening while promoting environmental responsibility through the limited use of chemicals.
Series sessions will be held at the AgriLife Extension office in Suite 208 of the Conroy Square business complex, 3355 Cherry Ridge Drive.
There will be 10 sessions, each from 6:30-8:30 p.m. on Wednesday evenings beginning Feb. 6. The cost is $15 per session or $75 for the series.
The dates, topics and presenters for the sessions will be:
- Feb. 6, Soils, Compost and Mulch, John Sells, Bexar County Master Gardener.
- Feb. 20, Vegetable Gardening in Cool Weather, Rodriguez.
- March 6, Fruits and Nuts, Rodriguez.
- March 20, Vegetable Gardening in Warm Weather, Rodriguez.
- April 10, Turfgrass 101, Lou Kellogg, Bexar County Master Gardener.
- April 24, The Importance of Trees, Planting Trees and Maintaining Trees, Ross Hosea, city forester, City of San Antonio Parks and Recreation Department.
- May 8, Thirty Bugs Every Gardener Should Know, Molly Keck, AgriLife Extension integrated pest management specialist, Bexar County.
- May 22, Texas Superstar Plants, Lynn Cox, Bexar County Master Gardener.
- June 5, Rainwater Harvesting and Drip Irrigation, Kellogg and Anna Volger, Bexar County Master Gardener.
- June 19, Citrus in Your Landscape, Rodriguez.
For registration information, go to the “Here’s the Latest” section on the right-hand side of the home page at: https://bexar-tx.tamu.edu/
For more information, contact Denise Perez art 210-631-0400 or email@example.com.
Through the application of science-based knowledge, AgriLife Extension creates high-quality, relevant continuing education that encourages lasting and effective change.