Updated: 8/27/17 @ 4:00pm
Anyone needing to shelter an animal should call 2-1-1.
Recovery and Preparedness Resources:
Below is text from a previous 2016 blog article:
Source: The Texas Extension Disaster Education Network
With the possibility of a Tropical Cyclone formation in the Gulf of Mexico in the next 48 hours, now is a good time to review our Hurricane Preparedness Lists & Resources. Download these PDFs or eBooks to your phone or tablet. Then gather your supplies before the storm and rains arrive.
- New eBook: Texans, Get Ready! Be Prepared to Survive and Recover from a Disaster
- Protecting Your Home From Hurricane Wind Damage: Boarding Up Windows, Doors, Roof (pdf)
- Preparing Your Evacuation “Grab and Go” Box (pdf) (Download eBook)
- Emergency Food and Water Supplies (pdf) (Download eBook)
- Hurricane Evacuation Planning for People with Special Needs (pdf)
- Emergency Supplies Checklist for People with Disabilities and Special Needs (pdf)
- Additional Disaster Supplies and Tips for People with Diabetes (pdf)