Source: Source: AgriLife Today
A free half-day oil and gas workshop will assist landowners in negotiating leases as well as learning more about surface agreements and other important topics, according to organizers.
Topics for the workshop include:
- The basics of the oil and gas exploration and production processes and their impact on agricultural land.
- Basic protections for surface owners if they do not also own the minerals underlying their property.
- Negotiating surface estate agreements such as surface use agreements and drilling fluid application agreements.
- Negotiating pipeline easement agreements.
- Understanding and negotiating mineral leases.
- Managing environmental risks of oil and gas production on your property and creating an environmental “baseline” for your land.
- Understanding issues surrounding oil and gas development such as water use and seismic activities.
- Finding professionals to help you evaluate and manage oil and gas production risks
Read more at the Texas Agriculture Law Blog
AgriLife Extension delivers research-based educational programs and solutions for all Texans. Follow us: Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest or InternetTV. Learn more about Opportunities to Support Extension.