The Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service will offer a pesticide applicators training from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Dec. 5 in Overton.
Cost is $35 per person if pre registered by Dec. 1 and $50 at the door. Lunch is provided.
Register online at https://agriliferegister.tamu.edu or call Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Conference Services at 979-845-2604.
Five Texas Department of Agriculture continuing education credits – one laws and regulations, one integrated pest management and three general credits – will be available.
Topics and speakers include:
- Pesticide Use in Vegetable Production, Dr. Joe Masabni, vegetable specialist
- Crape Myrtle Barkscale, Erfan Vafaie, entomologist.
- Turf Weed Management, Dr. Scott Nolte, state weed specialist.
- Laws and Regulations of Pesticide Use, Dr. Don Renchie, pesticide safety education program coordinator.
- Texas Superstar Plants, Dr. Brent Pemberton, Research ornamental horticulturist.
For more information, contact Pam Hickman at 903-834-6191
Through the application of science-based knowledge, AgriLife Extension creates high-quality, relevant continuing education that encourages lasting and effective change.
Learn more about Opportunities to Support Extension.