Watch a video:
- 8 slices wheat bread with crusts cut off
- 4 ounces extra lean Canadian bacon
- 1 1/4 cup fat free egg substitute
- 2 cups fat free half and half
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese reduced fat
- salt free seasoning of choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray casserole dish (9×13) with cooking spray.
- After crust is cut off bread, tear into bite size pieces and place in bottom of casserole dish.
- Beat eggs and then add all other ingredients (reserving 1/2 cup cheese to top of casserole) mixing well.
- Season according to your family’s preference.
- Pour on top of bread mixture and top with remaining cheese.
- Optional seasonings: pepper, jalapeno peppers, crushed red pepper, etc.
Calories 140, Calories from Fat 30, Total Fat 3.5g 5%, Saturated Fat 1.5g 8%, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 15mg 5%, Sodium 350mg 15%, Total Carbohydrate 15g 5%, Dietary Fiber 3g 12%, Sugars 5g, Protein 13g, Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 25%, Iron 6%