If you’re looking for an easy recipe that features oats, then you need to make these Peanut Butter Chocolate Trail Mix Bites! These bites are a tasty combination of sweet and savory that will be a hit with the whole family.
Watch a video:
- 2/3 cup whole almonds
- 3 ounces cashews
- 1 1/2 cup oats dry, old-fashioned
- 1/3 cup flaxseed ground
- 1/2 cup semisweet mini chips chocolate chips
- 2.5 ounces cranberries dried
- 1/3 cup raisins seedless, not packed
- 1 cup peanut butter all-natural
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (do not use if watching sodium intake)
- Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper, leaving extra on the sides to pull the bars out of the pan. (For thinner granola bars, use a 13×9-inch baking dish.)
- Roughly chop the almonds and cashews, or pulse the nuts gently in a food processor or blender until medium-small pieces. Place the chopped nuts in a large bowl with the old fashioned oats, ground flax, mini chocolate chips, dried cranberries, and raisins. Mix together.
- In a separate microwave safe bowl, melt the peanut butter.
- Stir in the honey and sea salt**.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly (so the chocolate chips won’t melt).
- Pour the peanut butter mixture in the bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Fold ingredients together with a spatula until everything is coated.
- Press mixture into the parchment lined baking dish, packing it tightly.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Pull the granola slab out of the pan with the edges of the parchment paper.
- Cut into 16 “bites”.
- These granola bites are best stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks. (Optionally, you can store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 10 days.)
** If you are watching your sodium intake, skip adding the sea salt.