Watch a video:
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. pork shoulder cubed
- 1 onion diced
- 2 guajillo or anco peppers diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 3 tsp. black pepper
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 15 -oz. can golden or white hominy drained
- 1 4-oz. can diced green chilies
- Sliced avocado
- chopped cilantro
- Diced onions
- Sliced radishes
- Wash your hands and clean your cooking area. In a large saucepan, heat olive oil on high heat. Add pork and sear on all sides. Continue cooking pork until internal temperature reaches at least 160 ° F.
- Add onions, peppers, garlic, oregano, cumin, and black pepper. Cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add chicken broth. When the broth starts to boil, turn down the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in hominy and green chilies; cook until pork meat is tender and stew thickens, about 30 more minutes.
- Serve soup hot, with garnishes.
Nutrition facts per serving: 150 Calories, 8g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 200mg sodium, 11g total carbohydrate, 3g dietary fiber, 2g sugars, 9g protein, and 10% vitamin A. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000- calorie diet.