This rich chocolate cake recipe is made healthier by using applesauce and Greek yogurt. A dusting of powdered sugar replaces traditional cake icing for a lower fat and sugar option, while adding a pretty topping to the cake!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 1/2 Tablespoon powdered sugar
- Clean your cooking area and wash your hands.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9inch square baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Stir in hot water.
- Add applesauce, Greek yogurt, and egg. Stir gently until mixed.
- Pour into pan and bake 25-30 minutes until cooked through.
- Dust with powdered sugar.