Watch a video:
- 2 cups carrots grated
- 1 medium yellow squash grated
- 1 medium zucchini grated
- 1 medium yellow pepper finely chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup low sodium
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef extra lean
- 10 whole-wheat hamburger buns
- Clean your preparation area and wash your hands.
- Wash your fresh vegetables and prepare as directed.
- In a 5 quart slow cooker, combine all ingredients except ground beef.
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until browned. Drain, transfer into slow cooker. Stir ingredients to combine.
- Cook on low 5-6 hours. Using a slotted spoon, serve beef mixture on buns.