Watch a video:
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen, chopped spinach thawed and drained
- 1 1/4 cup fat free egg substitute can use 5 whole eggs
- 1 1/2 cups reduced fat, shredded cheddar or Jack cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft.
- Squeeze spinach in small amounts until dry.
- Add to onions and cook until excess moisture has evaporated
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Add spinach mixture and stir to blend.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake until eggs have set, about 30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes clean
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Calories 100, Calories from Fat 45, Total Fat 5g 8%, Saturated Fat 2.5g 13%, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 10mg 3%, Sodium 300mg. 13%, Total Carbohydrate 4g 1%, Dietary Fiber 1g 4%, Sugars 1g, Protein 11g, Vitamin A 70%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 20%, Iron 8%