- 1 lb extra lean ground beef chuck or round
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 packet taco seasoning low sodium
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup canned, low or no sodium diced tomatoes with juice
- 3/4 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 6 medium corn tortillas
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook ground beef and onion (and cilantro, if desired).
- Drain any excess fat.
- Mix in packet of taco seasoning and 1/2 cup of water.
- Add diced tomatoes and green bell pepper.
- Remove from heat, and mix until well blended.
- Put tortillas on bottom of a 9 X 13 baking dish, then add beef mixture.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 of cheese and place whole tortillas on top and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Place in oven until cheese is melted and tortillas are crisp.
- Serve over a bed of lettuce and top with light sour cream, salsa, olives and diced tomatoes (all optional).