- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1 medium zucchini grated or diced
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can low sodium black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can low sodium diced tomatoes rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels thawed, can also use fresh
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 12 corn tortillas quartered
- 1 (10 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup reduced fat cheddar or fiesta blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly coat a 9 X 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, and cook stirring often, until starting to brown (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in zucchini, beans, tomatoes, corn, cumin, and salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Scatter half the tortilla pieces in the pan.
- Top with half the vegetable mixture, half the enchilada sauce and half the cheese.
- Repeat to form another layer.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake the casserole for 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue baking until the casserole is bubbling around the edges and the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes more.
Calories 210, Calories from Fat 50, Total Fat 6g 9%, Saturated Fat 2g 10%, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 10mg 3%, Sodium 350mg 15%, Total Carbohydrate 33g 11%, Dietary Fiber 6g 24%, Sugars 5g, Protein 10g, Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 25%, Calcium 25%, Iron 8%