Priester Awards nominations are due February 20, 2019. Award recipients will be notified by March 12, 2019, and awards will be presented at the Priester Awards Luncheon during the Conference.
The Jeanne M. Priester Award honors the accomplishments and contributions of Jeanne M. Priester to the Cooperative Extension System. Ms. Priester was a leader in advancing health education within the Cooperative Extension Service during her tenure at the United States Department of Agriculture. The purpose of the award is to honor Extension programs that positively impact the health of people across the United States and provide leadership to expand Extension’s capacity to increase the number of Americans who are healthy at every stage of life. The Priester Award will recognize sound and innovative health and wellness programs at the county, state and national level.
Nominations will be accepted in five award categories. Start here.
- PROGRAM AWARD, Individual or Family — programs designed to meet an identified need at the individual and/or family level. Programs involving an Extension-community partnership are eligible for this award.
- PROGRAM AWARD, Community — programs designed to meet an identified need at the community level. Again, programs involving an Extension-community partnership are eligible for this award.
- PROGRAM AWARD, Innovative — programs that feature new methods and/or go beyond traditional programming to address an identified need in the community.
- LEADERSHIP AWARD — an individual who has provided exemplary, impactful leadership to his or her state and/or the nation in the area of health and wellness.
- CULTURE OF HEALTH AWARD — an Extension-community partnership that is taking a transformative approach to improving community health, fostering a culture of health through community-based strategies, and/or co-creating with communities to ensure relevance and reduce barriers for positive change.
NOMINATIONS AND ELIGIBILITY
All program or partnership nominees must have at least one team member with an Extension appointment. Each leadership award nominee must be employed with the Cooperative Extension System within his or her state.
#NHOC19 PRESENTATION OF AWARDS
One plaque will be presented to the winning individual or team in each category. Each member of a winning team also will receive a certificate. Awards will be presented at the 2019 National Health Outreach Conference, held May 1-3, 2019 in Fort Worth, TX. Award winners will be notified by March 12, 2019.
If you have questions, please contact Stephen Green at firstname.lastname@example.org.