SALE-LE provides a comprehensive leadership development program that will enable Extension professionals in leadership and management to greatly enhance their abilities to work more effectively and efficiently in the management of programs and volunteers in both youth and adult areas. These skills are transferred to the volunteers, adult and youth to assist them in expanding their skills to reach more adults and youth in the country.
- Improve leadership and management skills.
- Enhance communication skills.
- Improve efficiency and effectiveness in carrying out supervisory and programmatic responsibilities.
- Become aware of contemporary leadership and management issues.
- Develop comradery and trust among participants to enhance teamwork.
- Participants generally have an average of 6 to 10 years of service with Texas AgriLife Extension and apply through their supervisors
- Class size is approximately 24-26
- Participants pay $400 tuition
- 2 year program over 2 calendar years, meeting for 4 sessions with 90 hours of training, once every 6 months
- Session I, College Station: Organizational Leadership
- Session II, Louisiana: Critical Issues/Customs/Cultures
- Session III, Austin: Contemporary Leadership Issues Facing Texas
- Session IV, San Antonio, Graduation: The Art of Leadership
- Expenses for participants are funded by a grant from the San Antonio Livestock Exposition, and administrative expenses are paid by the Texas AgriLife Extension Service.
- Over 300 alumni have graduated from the program and 92 SALE-LE Alumni have been recognized at the Texas A&M AgriLife Conferences since 1991
How to Apply