Every community has unique assets. Which ones set your community apart from other Texas communities?
- Events and arts
- Natural features
- Tourist attractions
- Schools and youth programs
- Industry and business
- Parks and recreation
- Dynamics and infrastructure
Take the lead! Help envision, discover, and design your community’s destiny.
Through our leadership-development curriculum, the Texas Rural Leadership Program (TRLP) will give you the information you need to organize local leadership programs, identify a goal for your community, and then create and implement a plan to meet that goal or make that dream come true.
Grimes County Success Story
What can TRLP do for your community?
Help your community identify and make the most of its assets.
- Teach community members to listen to one another and effectively discuss issues.
- Get people working together on the projects they identify as important for community development.
- Create a network of towns and leaders with similar interests.
- Improve dialogue among citizens and within organizations to build a unified vision — and to appreciate different visions — for the community.
Who can participate in TRLP?
As diverse as the communities they represent, participants in the Texas Rural Leadership Program come from many walks of life:
- Business owners and employees
- Chambers of commerce
- Church groups
- City and county officials
- Community volunteers
- Economic developers
- Educators and administrators
- Nonprofit organizations
- Workforce developers
Program graduates are eligible for continuing education credits and other recognition, as well as networking opportunities with other TRLP graduates.
Start a leadership-development program for your own community or workplace, or enhance an existing program. Contact the Texas Rural Leadership Program to help you develop progressive and dynamic leaders in your Texas community.