The Generation Next curriculum targets new landowners or those who are looking to start a new agricultural operation on an existing ranch. It is taught as an online school where participants will work towards developing a business plan with plenty of support from professionals who specialize in different fields.
The course is offered as a 12-week online class and will require approximately 2 hours of your time per week. You only need access to a computer with an internet connection.
Topics covered in the course include:
- How to start an agricultural business
- Understanding business taxes and ag exemptions
- Ranch insurance
- Tracking your finances
- Evaluating your land’s resources
- How to set up livestock grazing and wildlife management leases
- Basic ranching laws – fencing, water rights, etc.
- Land management techniques
- Alternative operations to add to the business
- Setting goals with measurable objectives for success
This course is offered twice a year and costs $250 for the entire course. Register for Generation Next today!
For more information, please contact Dr. Megan Clayton: Megan.Clayton@ag.tamu.edu.
You can also visit: GenerationNext.tamu.edu for upcoming course information.