“Petroleum Production on Agricultural Lands in Texas: Managing Risks and Opportunities” assists Texas landowners in dealing with many issues related to petroleum production.
- Chapter 1 discusses the oil and gas production process and highlights some of the impacts that might have on agricultural land.
- Chapter 2 focuses on surface owners, outlining their rights under the law and offering critical tips for protecting the surface of their land.
- Chapter 3 provides an overview of what rights come along with mineral ownership, including a discussion of the rights of mineral co-tenants.
- Chapter 4 deals with the oil and gas lease, breaking down a sample lease and offering a checklist of terms that mineral owners should consider.
- Chapter 5 discussed pipeline easement negotiation.
The handbook was made possible through a grant from the Southern Extension Risk Management Education Center and USDA.