QuickBooks Pro 2020 is a powerful farm accounting software that helps small and medium-sized businesses manage their inventory, bookkeeping, payroll, and more. The primary goal of this QuickBooks training course is to help farmers and ranchers improve their financial record-keeping and analysis capabilities, which will allow them to make better management decisions.
Each section of the course uses real-world examples to focus on core financial practices such as basic accounting principles, understanding forms and registers, creating accurate financial statements, setting up customers and vendors, and using billing, purchasing, and inventory management options.
While the examples used in this course are tailored for farmers and ranchers, anyone can take this course if they are interested in learning how to use QuickBooks Pro.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Utilize the various program features and basic accounting definitions that allow farmers and ranchers to use QuickBooks Desktop more effectively
- Identify list basics and how to navigate the chart of accounts
- Demonstrate how to make new entries and navigate through the customer and vendor centers
- Recognize the purpose behind QuickBooks classes and how they can make farm record keeping more effective
- Identify the forms and registers most often encountered by farmers and ranchers and how to enter everyday transactions
- Differentiate between the ways agricultural income is collected and how to enter the transactions
- Explain the QuickBooks inventory feature
- Describe the different types of farm and ranch loans, how to enter them, and the advantages and disadvantages of the Loan Manager feature
- Demonstrate how to develop reports in QuickBooks that show the most requested information from agricultural bankers and lenders
- Explain QuickBooks budgeting, and the advantages and disadvantages of onsite versus online data backup
More choices in Business Development
The primary goal of QuickBooks education is to help farmers and ranchers improve their financial recording-keeping and analysis capabilities, thus allowing them to make better management decisions.
This award-winning course assists Texas rural landowners and agricultural producers by identifying key legal issues related to their property. Get practical tips with insightful examples that help explain important legal concepts in a way that you will be able to understand and apply.
The Battleground to Breaking Ground Phase 2 course will educate participants in business planning based on their chosen agriculture enterprise(s).
This online course will introduce employees, managers, and directors to the need for education in a cooperatively owned business.
Sustainable agriculture takes into account multiple aspects of selling an agricultural product. This publication offers start-up tips and a list of resources for further information.
This course is for Texas landowners and focuses Texas water law. If you are interested in more than one agricultural law topic, be sure to check out our Owning Your Piece of Texas course before purchasing this course.