Farmers and ranchers are at risk of acquiring a disability. Occupational therapy (OT) practitioners require knowledge of agricultural occupations to address farmers' and ranchers' rehabilitation needs. However, there are a few educational resources available to practitioners. These modules are designed to inform occupational therapy practitioners, in all settings, on how to improve OT services provided to farmers and ranchers with a disability.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- understand basic farm culture, tasks, and hazards
- assess the role of occupational therapists in agriculture settings
- identify hazards, risks, and safety concerns in farm and ranch occupations
- identify different types of agriculture and the common injuries associated with those fields
- evaluate ergonomics and body mechanics of farmers and ranchers to prevent secondary injury
- determine motivation and change factors for farmers and ranchers
- identify common interventions and programs for agriculture producers and their families
- evaluate assistive technology devices, task modifications, and equipment modifications for farm and ranch use
- understand the role of AgrAbility in serving agriculture workers and their families
This course is eligible for 6 Occupational Therapy Education Hours of training certified by the Texas Occupational Therapy Association (TOTA). You will have access to this course for 1 year before your account is unenrolled.
More choices in Cooking Techniques & Recipes
Master Wellness Volunteers help Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service leverage its outreach and education to Texans related to health, nutrition and food safety. Master Wellness Volunteers receive 40-hours of training and serve a 40-hour internship to prepare them to aid in fulfilling the Agency’s mission of helping Texans better their lives.
This six-week course will help you maintain your weight through the holiday season. We encourage you to focus on consuming 5 servings of vegetables and fruits each day, as well as engage in regular physical activity.